It was 70 degrees yesterday and then it snowed last night. I drank Miller Lite Fortune and ate "gas station pizza" (as my sister-in-law so lovingly calls it) and wondered what in the world irritated Mother Nature.
Over the past two weeks ...
- I met two ridiculously fantastic people this weekend and their story begs to be shared. It made me call bullshit at them across the table, but she just smiled, and then looked to her husband like he lit up her own dang sky. I was struck speechless. For real.
- I read THIS. And then I read it again and again. Sparks and stuff.
But most of all, I celebrate that little spark – the one that burns inside all of us, waiting patiently for the day when we’re ready to kindle.
- I have had zero time for writing, and somewhere inside of me, something is worried. If I can't figure out a time to sit down each night and put pen to paper, I think I might die a little inside. I wish I was just being dramatic, but that's the truth.
- After I just complained about no writing time, it seems silly to tell you, but I read a trilogy over spring break. It was the Driven series. It was long and followed that new line of thought that some authors are working with ... write an extra long book, divide it into three books with a HUGE cliffhanger at the end of books one and two ... bam - you've sold three books instead of one. I kind of hate it, but I kind of loved the books nonetheless. They're like 50 Shades of Grey minus the ... well ... you know. [The story of the Driven trilogy is what I loved - wordy in parts, but hugely original.] It was the perfect trilogy to rock spring break out to.
- In March, without fail, I always, always get restless. That's mood I'm currently residing in: restless.
Maybe there's something you're afraid to say, or there's someone you're afraid to love, or there's somewhere you're afraid to go. It's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt because it matters. - John Green
- And then I saw this, and damn if it's not every single thing that every girl has ever thought about.
- Bestie Betsy had her baby (Millie!), BFF Suzy lost her momma, BFF Amber met a Mor-Man, and my lovely, sweet, and kind cousin Heather is battling the beast all over again. You can follow her at Some Girls Prefer Carnations. And you should, too. She's funny and introspective and intelligent.
- THIS and THIS
- And always, always Chelsea Talks Smack.
When someone likes you, they engage. They rearrange plans. They're threatened that if they don't snatch you up, someone else will....because you're a fucking amazing catch. The kind worth snatching. Do you hear me? YES, YOU. You are an amazing. fucking. catch.
. About Moi .
I love, love, love flannel sheets and I am really passionate about lists on post it notes and most of the time I'm sad that no one else is as excited as I am about Diet Mountain Dew. I also adore run-on sentences. And if you need an awesome virtual assistant, who is full of personality and really good jokes? Email me. I'm your girl.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
He saw her before he saw
anything else in the room.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.